Smugglers fly now.
They fly now.
Fen here with an overdue update to give you the level 12 unlocks your hearts have been desiring. I’d like to give a big thanks to Savin for doing the hard work of getting some initial ability ideas down on a page and helping me refine them into their current form. We’ve already started work concepting for level 13 as well. Keep your eyes peeled for more news on that in the weeks to come – as well as me personally digging into the current Phaedra content to polish and balance around the new player abilities.
- New Busts: Nuka, Glowing Nuka, Medibot, Warboy, and Glowing Warboy. (Drawn by Adjatha, added to game by Leek)
- [Currently Backer-only] Added scene for Naomi, a cowgirl on New Texas that got stood-up and is looking for revenge. Available to bipedal Steeles with a cock. Will trigger randomly along the main street between the hours of 1800 and 2400 with a 1 week cooldown. (Written by Damie, coded by DrunkZombie)
- Maximum level has been increased to 12.
- [Level 11] New Smuggler Perk: Die Another Day. When HP drops below 50%, recover 25% of your maximum HP and energy. And drop a flash grenade, because YOU AIN’T DYIN’ YET!
- [Level 11] New Smuggler Chosen Ability: Twist the Knife. Your Sneak Attacks and Aimed Shots apply a bleed effect on your target for 50% of the damage. The bleed effect can stack, but it only lasts for one proc.
- [Level 11] New Smuggler Chosen Ability: Booster Pack. Gain the “Flying” effect for four rounds, and the ability to trigger your Aimed Shot or Sneak Attack ability against enemies who are not flying (while you are). Feruze should’ve been a Smuggler.
- [Level 11] New Mercenary Perk: Helldiver. +10% thermal resistance jumping feet-first into danger!
- [Level 11] New Mercenary Chosen Ability: Vaulting Strike. Grants the ability to make a high damage melee attack that does +50% bonus damage to flying or tripped targets. Hmmm what else can I call +50% damage? Minicrits? MINICRITS BAYBEEE.
- [Level 11] New Mercenary Chosen Ability: Sturm & Drang. Grants the ability to make one melee strike that procs a volley of ranged attacks like ‘Rapid Fire’ ability with enhanced accuracy and critical chance (+25%).
- [Level 11] New Tech Specialist Perk: Perpetual Energy. Gain 1 energy each time damage is done to your shield.
- [Level 11] New Tech Specialist Chosen Ability: Overclock. Give yourself the Haste condition for four turns, increasing your evasion by 5% and granting an extra attack for melee and ranged attacks. For when you absolutely gotta go fast.
- [WARNING: ERROR PRONE] [Level 11] New Tech Specialist Chosen Ability: Deployable Turret. Slap a deployable turret onto the battlefield with a decent-sized laser cannon. Many older AI routines aren’t tuned for the possibility of a PC who adds an ally onto the field. That means they may attack the turret and display text that reads like they’re striking you. There is also a chance that it could introduce bugs into more script-heavy combat encounters like Feruze’s Taxi battle encounter. I will be working on clearing up as many issues as I can over the weekend, but just be aware of the instability this choice might introduce (for now).
- [Level 12] New Perk: Boundless Reserves. Your energy maximum is increased to 150.
- [Level 12] New Chosen Ability: Specialized Combatant. The flurry attack granted by Second Shot or Second Attack is upgraded to a full accuracy attack.
- [Level 12] New Chosen Ability: Second Striker. Allows you to become comfortable making bonus flurry attacks with melee AND ranged attacks.
- Bleed damage now bypasses shields.
- Bleed now deals damage on the last turn of the effect (to enable the “Twist the Knife” ability for Smugglers).
- The “Haste” effect is now shaded as STATUS_GOOD.
- The “Flying” status can now be assigned with a duration, using its v1 value.
- Some holiday tweaks and adjustments. (Not Holiday the character, sorry b-baka)
- Tweaks and adjustments to the Player Character paperdoll display in the corner.
- Added Achievements for Dhaal’s probe events. (Gedan)
- Fix loading screen sometimes going past 100% (Lowercase_Donkey)
- Fixes for Dreghan Catch scenes which sometimes confused ass and vagina, leading to some errors. (Lowercase_Donkey)
- Fix for Tarkus sexbots using a vagina’s index to look up a cock, which might or might not exist. (Lowercase_Donkey)
- Tweak nursery buttons for specific children to remove blanks spots. (Lowercase_Donkey)
- Clean up and organize old code. (Lowercase_Donkey)
- Numerous smaller fixes (and larger fixes that seem small on the surface) courtesy of Gedan, Jacques00, DrunkZombie, Lowercase_Donkey, etc.