I managed to get a 100 degree fever yesterday, and I’m still in the same ballpark today. Probably gonna take today off, I wager, though maybe I can get some feverish Ula writing done.
A bit early, I know, but I have in-laws coming in for a couple days, so my time to smut around is going to be limited at best. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!
My internet is still being a big butt. And I’m deffo not quite up to pulling a 10 hour shift. Sickfen’s eyes are bigger than his belly. I’m going to get some stuff done with Ula for sure, though.
Pupdate: Wrote about 1,500 words and coded a new Liamme scene by HugsAlright. SUCCESS! LOOKS LIKE WERK IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOIS!
Update (12/7/17): still ded.
Update2(12/7/17, approx midnight): tried streaming some Fortnite. Internet was dropping in and out – which is why I don’t stream much. Anyway, if you want to hear my sickness, give it a click.
Update3(12/9/17): A bunch of really gross stuff came out of my nose this morning. I’m 90% sure that means I’m starting to get better. Voice still sounds like I’ve smoked for 40 years though.
I keep having days where I feel better, then get sick again the next 1-2. Not fun. It was my sinuses at first, but now my nose is fine and it’s in my throat/lungs. TBH, my sinus infections usually progress along those lines, so I’ll either be completely better for good in a couple days or get pneumonia.
Wish me luck!
Ula’s (Korgonne Princess) first-time encounter is all wrapped up. It has two sex scenes (one of which has a decent chunk forked off for the hugely endowed). I coded most of it tonight and will push a patch tomorrow with it. I’ve also written ten or so rooms for Korg’ii Hold on Uveto. I’ll be slotting them in along with some assorted content in the week to come to give the little fluffballs more of a presence on that big ol’ ice cube.
I’ve also got a nice commission on the way I can’t wait to share with the backers. :3
Before I get into the nitty gritty of patch changelogs, let’s talk a little about Halloween and holiday events. Some of you may remember that Poe A (and the resultant cool transformation events) popped up as special Halloween content, originally. The same thing happened with the Kashima incident. This year, to my knowledge, none of the other devs have anything special planned, so I’d like to open things up to you, the fans and fan-writers!
Now announcing the Trials in Tainted Space Hallowiener Spunktacular!
That’s right, I’m going to run another writing contest. It’s been a while! Prizes are going to be way bigger than I’ve ever done before, so brace yourself.
You done bracing? Good. Check out these prizes:
- The best-written entry will score a sweet $500, to be paid out via paypal, (or up to $300 in Steam games / Blizzard store gift cards).
- Second prize will get pegged with $250 cash (via paypal), or $150 in online vidjagames.
- Third prize will be pounded with $100 cash (via paypal), or $75 in online interactive electronic video entertainment through one of the aforementioned storefronts.
- Any other submission we choose to use will be offered up to $50 in cash (via paypal) or $50 dollarydoodles in Steam/Blizzard fun.
Pretty spooky, right? Well, not as spooky as knowing that there’s a skeleton hiding inside you at this very moment, but we try. Before you go too crazy, give the rules a gander! Word on the street is that rules are the glue that holds civilization together. I thought it was dried lube.
Tainted Space Hallowiener Spunktacular Rules:
- Standard event submission terms apply.
- No minimum or maximum length, but be aware that a 300 page manuscript could lose out to a five page document of pure, distilled awesome.
- All content should not leave any major hanging hooks. That is to say that if you end a scene with an NPC promising something more in the next encounter, and don’t write a next encounter, you’ll be penalized. It should obviously conclude so that players aren’t left chasing nothing.
- Effective parser usage is encouraged but not mandatory. Learning all the parsers is too great a task to ask of anyone on their first go-round.
- Content should not contain any content unsuitable for TiTS. This includes hyper-detailed gore, hard vore, loli, shota, etc.
- Events can be sillier than normal so long as they’re silly-mode only.
- New costume choices for Poe A would be cool as fuck.
- Employees are not eligible to enter. (Though any employee that writes Halloween stuff we can use is welcome to get a full day of pay on Halloween for the effort.)
- Entries will be judged by a panel including Fenoxo & Savin, though judges are subject to change.
- All entries must be submitted by October 22nd in the appropriate forum thread.
- I <3 you guys.
After the break, your regularly scheduled patch notes.
I spent a bit of time figuring out how I want melee weapon archetypes work and refined the spreadsheet to calculate the values a bit, but nothing has had a chance to hit code yet. Sunday is my usual day off – by which I mean the day I’m tired after a long weekend of being a responsible adult who doesn’t get to go out on weekends. Don’t expect much from me on Sundays aside from playing D&D and maybe poking at some side projects. Or videogames.
Gosh, it seems like I only ever make posts when I’m sick, or when I’m about to live stream. I guess that means that FenCo is upholding it’s “every employee must be sick X times a year”. I wanted to tell you guys I was super sorry for my absence and that I have fully recovered and will be returning to work in these next few days!
TLDR; I got a really bad infection and was on bedrest for 2 weeks because I kept doing too much. Infection kicked the bucket, and I’m cleared to return to my life! 😀
Here is a sneaky peek at Chaurmine and where he got picked up at the other day. I have two words for you guys.
Time for a ship progress update!
All of the core stuff for ships has been done for a little while now; to give a refresher, this is the stuff that’ll be supported out of the gate:
- You’ll be able to switch to entirely different ships.
- Each ship has a different internal layout and map that you can move around in.
- Certain parts of ships can be upgraded; initially this is just weapons, but we may open up more options as we feel the balancing allows. These upgrades are unlockable, purchasable and rewardable- some you can just outright buy as many as you want, some will require looting things from combat, and other still will only be provided in limited quantity for doing specific things.
- Crewmembers properly take up space on the ship, so the number you can have with you at any time is finally limited…
- … but you’ll be able to assign them to different jobs aboard the ship and potentially receive bonuses in the process. Off the top of my head things currently support something like 7 core system assignments, and potentially dozens of weapon assignments. (Capital ships pls tia)
The last couple of weeks has been spent slowly tweaking a lot of existing code to ensure that things will work with the new ships. Another list should help demonstrate what is eating up all the time…
- In the past we only ever had a single “room” to check against to test if the player was aboard their ship or not, so many of these checks (a few thousand, by my count) have needed modification. I need to do a second pass on these and potentially make some of these checks apply to any ship or just the player’s ship where appropriate.
- Ship interiors introduce a second “layer” of maps, so a couple of the core game functions that make everything tick have received careful surgery to switch between the different ways maps are handled.
- All of these new features introduce new types of complexity that we never had to save in the past. About 25% of my time working on each part of this is extending and testing the code that handles saving all this stuff. It’s better (and should be much faster) than the old way, but it still has massive room to be improved if more time is invested in it.
Next up on my plate is actually starting to generate content for this stuff; we have overviews of many of the ships and potential weapons but none of the meaty details that are required like the interior descriptions of the ships for all the rooms that they’re now going to have, or the specifics of the weapon attack descriptions…
For now though, hab some meaty JayEcho draws 👌
Hi, my name’s Savin, and I live under a Comcast monopoly. Wherein Comcast (literally yesterday, in a matter of supreme irony given Fen’s post) sent a truck over, knocked the telephone pole over at a 45′ angle, and then denied it on customer service for two hours because apparently my internet being out must be a modem problem. While the pole outside is sitting halfway down with a truck-shaped dent in it. Thanks, Comcast, you guys have the best customer service. I’m glad I don’t have any other competitive ISPs in my area! 😀
Support Net Neutrality.