Just gone done fiddling some things around in the back-end of the website to clean up a lot of how we were handling Patreon user data. Part of it was adding support for multiple projects to be handled side-by-side, so, anybody who had existing Patreon bindings for their TiTS backer status will have to re-link their account. I did a lot (read: a lot) of testing to try and make sure this was as smooth as possible, but as always, there’s probably a bunch of shit I done fucked up, so post away if it doesn’t work or you get some errors. At least the profile page has fancy status messages to tell you if things worked or burst into flames now!
Aight, time to scream into the void a little bit and fill you guys in with what the idiot red clown is up to.
I just got done fiddling with the Save/Load from file stuff for the Desktop AIR build, so the next releases should have that fixed. I’ll try and get a few more of the bugs and oversights sorted before then, but it’s time to spill the beans!
Unlike the rest of the team, I don’t get ill, so don’t worry there.
Instead, everything around me falls to pieces. Check after the break if you care about idiot RL stuff that has kept me busy for the last half year!
Sneaking out a mid-month public update so I can transition everything to an updated build system and make sure it’s working whilst I’m awake and looking at it.
0.7.127 brings a new distribution of the game; the AIR ZIP archive. Basically, download it, extract it, and run the executable. There you go, that’s the game running. I’ve got some more things to play with to make this even easier maybe in the near future, but I wanted to get this out because it end-runs around people needing to install Flash entirely, and it adds a new feature. The regular play page will be updated soon to link to the new file, but it should already be available on the Backer build page!
As for the new feature: AIR builds running on Windows have a few new buttons that can show up in the Data menu; Import Saves and Save Sets (once you have some imported).
Import Saves will look through a couple of common places that you may have TiTS saves located from playing in your browser (FF or Chrome) or the Projector (should also catch IE). This will gather them all up into one place.
Save Sets are available once you’ve successfully imported saves. Each set correlates to a different location that Importing managed to find files. This will let you switch between all the saves you have, fish out the ones you want, Save To File them, and repeat until you’ve gathered up everything you actually want in one place.
Time for a ship progress update!
All of the core stuff for ships has been done for a little while now; to give a refresher, this is the stuff that’ll be supported out of the gate:
- You’ll be able to switch to entirely different ships.
- Each ship has a different internal layout and map that you can move around in.
- Certain parts of ships can be upgraded; initially this is just weapons, but we may open up more options as we feel the balancing allows. These upgrades are unlockable, purchasable and rewardable- some you can just outright buy as many as you want, some will require looting things from combat, and other still will only be provided in limited quantity for doing specific things.
- Crewmembers properly take up space on the ship, so the number you can have with you at any time is finally limited…
- … but you’ll be able to assign them to different jobs aboard the ship and potentially receive bonuses in the process. Off the top of my head things currently support something like 7 core system assignments, and potentially dozens of weapon assignments. (Capital ships pls tia)
The last couple of weeks has been spent slowly tweaking a lot of existing code to ensure that things will work with the new ships. Another list should help demonstrate what is eating up all the time…
- In the past we only ever had a single “room” to check against to test if the player was aboard their ship or not, so many of these checks (a few thousand, by my count) have needed modification. I need to do a second pass on these and potentially make some of these checks apply to any ship or just the player’s ship where appropriate.
- Ship interiors introduce a second “layer” of maps, so a couple of the core game functions that make everything tick have received careful surgery to switch between the different ways maps are handled.
- All of these new features introduce new types of complexity that we never had to save in the past. About 25% of my time working on each part of this is extending and testing the code that handles saving all this stuff. It’s better (and should be much faster) than the old way, but it still has massive room to be improved if more time is invested in it.
Next up on my plate is actually starting to generate content for this stuff; we have overviews of many of the ships and potential weapons but none of the meaty details that are required like the interior descriptions of the ships for all the rooms that they’re now going to have, or the specifics of the weapon attack descriptions…
For now though, hab some meaty JayEcho draws 👌
So it happened again. The iOS builds are failing with the amazingly useful error message:
At least for the time being, no more iOS builds will be forthcoming. I’m not going out of my way to fix it immediately.
Figured I’d give everybody an update with what I’m up to and a breakdown on what to expect for SPACE SHIPS, considering I’ve had my head into this for at least two weeks now without really surfacing much.
I’ve got the basics of the ship system itself all functional. This might not sound like too much until the scope of what you’re gonna be able to do with them becomes clear, but it made for a lot of fiddly organising to make sure it could do everything I wanted it to, and now I’m starting to flesh out the first of the core parts that need to be built on top of it- the combat.
More deets after the break if you care to peep the future of ship on ship violencing! And if you don’t care? Then I leave you with a very cool thing done by MadamSquiggles that has also pushed me toward wanting to make sure we get some more pregnancy content as soon as I crawl out from under SHIPS4EVER.
Super involved patchnotes all up in this post:
- Piles of bug and typo fixes.
- Jerynns level should progress properly.
- Minor tweaks to the backer download stuff so there’s an actual wrapper page to load the play-in-window version of the game; this should allow your browsers to present you with an opportunity to inform you that Flash is disabled, rather than forcing your browser to download the file whenever you try and play the game.
- Jerynn makes an appearance in The Freezer.
- Jerynn now also rescues you from the far reaches of Uveto if you fall without protection from the cold. Meet up with her in the bar first for more options :^)
- Bunch of typo fixes and some better bounds for a handful of busts that are used in group combat.
- There’s now the start of a system in place to manage collars under the players appearance section. Jerynn will make the addition clear :^)
The desktop builds are up already; the mobile build links will appear as they complete.
Fen note: Sorry I didn’t post last night! I wrote like 2.6k words of stuff for laquine TF including a fantasy of a dashing laquine male. This morning I’ve put out probably 2.3k words for penis transformation and expansion and other odds and ends. I’m productive, wheeeee! (Update: Slapped out another 500 or so + did some gaming with backers to fulfill Patreon obligations. See you cool cats tomorrow!)
Just jammed up a new poll to get an indication of things. This should be a free vote, open to everybody.
As for why… actually getting the iOS Tainted Space builds to cooperate has been a massive pain in the ass for months, and I think the code demons have managed to fuck up our ability to actually produce them for the time being.
tl;dr Whenever the iOS builds fail its always something stupid, but it takes forever to track down because we get absolutely no indication of what is actually wrong. Literally the only response we get from the tool that does the needful is this:
Basically, I need an indication of just how much of my time I can justify dumping into this on an ongoing basis. I have a feeling the iOS-only proportion of you guys is vanishingly small, and if I can justify putting off fixing things like this because it’s not like, half our playerbase, then I will so I can actually get some fucking work on content done.
- Another chunk of rooms has been added to Uveto; the Glacial Rift is now structured.
- The frostwyrm has been moved to its proper place on the coast of the Glacial Rift.
- A bunch of initial events have been added around the Rift.
- A Milodan Fertility Priestess makes an appearance somewhere in the rift; once you’ve encountered her, they’ll start to show up alongside other general combat events.
- Standard assortment of fixes
- The code demons came and tried to shit on the game again. They were beaten back with judicial use of science.
Changes since the last public build
- Mrs. Reasner is in the Freezer.
- Dreams of
electric sheeppuppy sluts.
- Kaede has a new interaction at Kally’s bar.
- Puppysluts strike again with Syri gaining a new scene for players being liberal with Omega Oil.
- Descriptions for badonks have been changed somewhat.
- Some new items showed up in Jade’s inventory (predominantly Puppyslut related, of course).
- Erra shows up in various bars. (OH HEY LOOK ANOTHER PUPPYSLUT)
- Inventory items can now be destroyed whilst out and about.
- Pexiga got another scene.
DCL finished a p good syri pic the other day… and I would have embedded it, but this post already has nine times the puppyslut quota for the entire month, so instead have some SHINE.
The mobile builds should be up soon; iOS is being a massive piece of shit as per usual.
Out of Curiosity…
Do you PRIMARILY play TiTS and CoC on your...
- Desktop (83%, 354 Votes)
- Mobile/Tablet (17%, 71 Votes)
- Other Device (PS4, SmartTV, etc.) (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 426Loading ...
Found A Bug?Report it on the forums.
Backer PollSorry, there are no polls available at the moment.