Spent the week delving into the guts of Electron to do something pretty complicated, all things considered. We had a couple of complaints about the quality of the images in the downloadable build, so I set about building a system to fix it.
One heads up though: as part of working on the downloadable build, I ended up changing some things around internally. If you were using the save slots in the downloadable build, you will need to save those slots to file before you update. This won’t be a problem again, I just thought it was better to fix what I did as early as possible.
The downloadable backer build now has built-in Image Pack support – hit the button on the main menu and the game will download larger resolution versions of the images, and when complete, will install them into the game for you. The way I’ve gone about this will also minimize the amount of stuff that should need to get downloaded in the future too, meaning further updates to the ImagePack will be much smaller over all – when it comes time to update the game, just grab the latest version and it’ll handle whatever updates are needed to the ImagePack before installation for you!
I’m also shoving native Linux builds out of the door as part of this too, so give me a little bit to make sure all the download pages are updated and these builds should start appearing over the next half hour or so. It’s going to take me a little bit to unclog the build pipes because a lot of things have changed behind the scenes so things might be a little weird for a while.
- Backer: Verusha’s lover expansion is now available. I don’t know much about her, but I’m sure somebody will be along before too long to update the post with some better details! (By Doots!)
- Backer: Backer Downloaded builds now have an option for larger resolution images; the main menu will kind of guide you through the process.
- Public: Dating Teyaal’s daughter is now available to the public. Take her out on the town! (Savin & Leek)
- Paige should have better navigation between menus. (Leek)
- SumaCream should work better. (Leek)
- Bust gallery images should no longer be missing/broken in electron builds. (Gedan)
- Fixed a bunch of wetnessRange things. (Leek)
- Piles of little fixes all over the place. (lowercase_donkey)
- Locked rooms now show with a locked connector more generally than a one-way connector. (Fenoxo)
TiTS 0.9.008, builds 2193+:
- Fixed the missing edanPregHandler function reference.
Edit: All the files seem to be up and all the links seem to be functional!