The Halloween contest is over! Thanks for your entries! I’ll work out a grading methodology with Savin tomorrow afternoon and dig in soon!
So make sure you get your stuff in the door ASAP.
I’ve been busy rounding out some unfinished stuff from the Laquine Ears item. Mostly I’ve been working on a Priapism status effect that forces you to go around in crotch-exposing equipment (and also has a TON of small bonus texts I’ve whipped up for various situations). They range from hot to flavorful to cringeworthy (You do not want to think about what would happen if you fell naked into rusty metal on Tarkus).
I also want to spend some time paging through enemy sex scenes to add more support for the pc.isErect() function so I can have scenes actually support you being good to go from the get-go. Right now, some just always assume you’re flaccid while others have a basic lust/libido check. Unifying things should help.
The other “Major” class TFs for the item I intend to do are all more bog-standard transformations – leg changes, quad balls, maybe a second boob row, and the like. As you might guess, these are meant to be the “critical hit” type transformations that rarely occur but with big consequences. I’d also like to have priapism get inflicted from certain aphrodisiac-heavy encounters. Maybe even some enemies that inflict it as a way to force the PC out of heavy armors.
Anyhow, weekend is here! Regularly scheduled updates will resume Monday. Ciao bras!
- I’ve finally added some sprite art for the planets that Crossman did for the various planetary landings.
- Added a new bust by BustedRadio for Liamme.
- New busts for Luca and Kase by Adjatha.
- Azra’s dialogue now has some edits for once you’re in a relationship with her. She’s a cutie.
- Added two new scenes by Nonesuch to the possible resolution to the Sydian Queen & Rask Traps encounter of Azra’s Tarkus Expedition.
Hey guys, I basically took most of yesterday off and am taking a half day today. Why am I telling you this? Because I’d rather post something, even if it’s just fuel for the “Fen never does anything” guys, than post nothing.
I did manage to finish going over Azra’s dialogue to account for the status of your relationship and add in busts for three characters along with five pieces of spritework for the planets. Whether or not I have something to show, expect to see a patch with that if nothing else tomorrow!
Hey guys, sorry for the brief changelog last night. I wound up taking a pretty long gaming break in between some work, so by the time I finished for the day, the wife was asleep (my keyboard is loud enough to wake the damned). One thing I did want to clarify is how to find Kattom Osgood. He basically shows up in your location about 35 hours after you first step into the wilderness, but he only appears in wilderness squares. This version makes some slight changes to that to make him slightly more random and also easier to find. Hope it helps!
- Kattom’s Uveto stocks have been loaded. Chainlasers! More bioweapons! A cold weapon that’s pretty awesome so long as you use it anywhere that isn’t Uveto!
- Kattom no longer appears in the first hazard square after 35 hours. Instead there’s a 1/10 chance of him appearing at that point.
- Once Kattom appears, he stays in a location for 35 hours. New to this patch is that a commerce marker will appear in the square he is in.
- The function that tracks Kattom’s appearance has been reworked so that he remains accessible even after backing out of your inventory, without having to leave and re-enter the room.
- Spunkshrooms have been added to the rare drops on Tarkus. Both spunkshrooms and slutshrooms now only drop if you have the appropriate genitalia to reduce inventory crowding.
- Motherhusks have been added into Azra’s plants menu as promised! All that remains are some tweaks and adjustments to her dialogue scenes, and I’ll have everything from her Tarkus Expedition all cleaned up!
- Motherhusks can raise your pregnancyIncubation multiplier up to a maximum of x7!
- Fenoxo’s cumMultiplier was increased by 0.5.
Raskvel/Sheep Steele by SheepPun!
- A new roaming shop has been added to the game. It has a semi-random inventory of exotic weapons for sale that vary in power based on the planet you encounter Kattom on.
- 19 new weapons have been added to the game, largely cribbed from the weapon overhaul group that had been fed my way, with some tweaks and adjustments by yours truly.
- Kattom’s Uveto inventory is not in yet. I burned out after getting that far. It has Myrellion’s a placeholder, or Savicite if I bungled the planet name check.
- Jacques00 fixed a few things and fiddled with some save code. Hopefully nothing breaks!
I’d write more but my wife is asleep. Nite!
Where’s the expansion where we send Kase off to Doctor Badger’s for the weekend and get an anthro shemale-kitty back? Also check out this writing contest I’m doing for Halloween with a $500 prize!
0.7.99 Changelog (Next is 0.7.100):
- Kase (the pyrite satellite quest guy) got an expansion pack! HugsAlright wrote it, and UpcastDrake coded it (99% anyway). You can run into him at Burt’s after completing the mission.
- Kase can be recruited to your crew, though after meeting him in the bar, you only have a week to do so!
- Kase’s arm will take some time to heal before fun stuff can be had.
- I made sure to throw in some stuff for body part selections during fun scenes and capacity limits.
- I also made the oral scene player selectable instead of random, because I’m told non-robots like that. Robots too, I guess.
- Lots of fixes and tweaks.
- Notable: an adjustment to stop the custom bust code from attempting to slam our server back-end. Thanks, Geddy!
- Cardio is still the worst, though Fen lost like 1 pound.
In addition to playing Q/A beta-tester with Kase and fidgeting around to rebuild his sex menu, I reviewed a submission about a fan website being opened, dedicated to exhibitionist Steeles. It seems like a fun little addition, so it’s been added to the “approved” pile, though at the moment I feel it needs a quick scouring for grammatical issues that I’m not prepared to give it at the present.
I intend to dive back into the weapon submission that prompted our latest rebalance and poach a few of the more interesting devices to roll into the game (with stats adjusted to the new formulas) tonight.
Chaurmine by BustedRadio on the forums.
Before I get into the nitty gritty of patch changelogs, let’s talk a little about Halloween and holiday events. Some of you may remember that Poe A (and the resultant cool transformation events) popped up as special Halloween content, originally. The same thing happened with the Kashima incident. This year, to my knowledge, none of the other devs have anything special planned, so I’d like to open things up to you, the fans and fan-writers!
Now announcing the Trials in Tainted Space Hallowiener Spunktacular!
That’s right, I’m going to run another writing contest. It’s been a while! Prizes are going to be way bigger than I’ve ever done before, so brace yourself.
You done bracing? Good. Check out these prizes:
- The best-written entry will score a sweet $500, to be paid out via paypal, (or up to $300 in Steam games / Blizzard store gift cards).
- Second prize will get pegged with $250 cash (via paypal), or $150 in online vidjagames.
- Third prize will be pounded with $100 cash (via paypal), or $75 in online interactive electronic video entertainment through one of the aforementioned storefronts.
- Any other submission we choose to use will be offered up to $50 in cash (via paypal) or $50 dollarydoodles in Steam/Blizzard fun.
Pretty spooky, right? Well, not as spooky as knowing that there’s a skeleton hiding inside you at this very moment, but we try. Before you go too crazy, give the rules a gander! Word on the street is that rules are the glue that holds civilization together. I thought it was dried lube.
Tainted Space Hallowiener Spunktacular Rules:
- Standard event submission terms apply.
- No minimum or maximum length, but be aware that a 300 page manuscript could lose out to a five page document of pure, distilled awesome.
- All content should not leave any major hanging hooks. That is to say that if you end a scene with an NPC promising something more in the next encounter, and don’t write a next encounter, you’ll be penalized. It should obviously conclude so that players aren’t left chasing nothing.
- Effective parser usage is encouraged but not mandatory. Learning all the parsers is too great a task to ask of anyone on their first go-round.
- Content should not contain any content unsuitable for TiTS. This includes hyper-detailed gore, hard vore, loli, shota, etc.
- Events can be sillier than normal so long as they’re silly-mode only.
- New costume choices for Poe A would be cool as fuck.
- Employees are not eligible to enter. (Though any employee that writes Halloween stuff we can use is welcome to get a full day of pay on Halloween for the effort.)
- Entries will be judged by a panel including Fenoxo & Savin, though judges are subject to change.
- All entries must be submitted by October 22nd in the appropriate forum thread.
- I <3 you guys.
After the break, your regularly scheduled patch notes.
- HugsAlright’s SubTuner expansion should be fully implemented, including a decent swath of new content detailed below.
- New minor location added to Uveto: The Racetrack. Feel free to bet on races there and lose your money more often than not!
- Three “Date” scenes added at accupitch lab, featuring Saec and Belle.
- Added the “Hypnosis” experiment to the subtuner.
- Added new busts: Brandt (by Adjatha), and Chaurmine (by Shou).